Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Training

Up until now I have studied and passed 2 CRM courses & exams:




Now I am reading MOC 40372A Microsoft .NET Fundamentals. Although a lot of terminology is repeating stuff, I still come across some very new stuff. Like any new programming language, it's a matter of getting your hands dirty and do the actual coding before some concepts really start to sink in. Reading the MOC is good to know what is possible and how it's done, but you programmers out there surely know what I mean with needing to get some decent hands on experience. Practice makes perfect, right? :)

This is actually the first MOC I'm reading digitally. I had a PDF of the previous courses and was able to print them. The .NET Fundamentals course is a course offered trough Skillpipe and it's actually pretty good. You've got options to mark text and make notes and share these notes with  other students who are in the same "class". A colleague of mine is also reading this MOC and he is able to do the same. 

One downside of this system is that you don't have any reference of your progress. You are able to see which lesson or chapter you're reading, but the pages aren't numbered. When you're reading a real book you immediately see/feel how far you progress trough. This takes getting used to.

I went trough 3 chapters in 2 days and I hope to finish this course by Thursday (a total of 4 days).
And use the 5th day of the week to do some exercises.

Next week I have an instructor led training of C#: MOC 20483 - Programming in C# with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012

After that, it's back to self studying: MOC 475A: HTML 5 Application Development Fundamentals and after that it's back to CRM: MOC 80295: 
Extending Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 + certification.
So a lot to cover in just a couple of weeks, but I'm excited. Finally I'm diving into the .NET world! A couple of years back I already took an evening class of C#, but I never used it since and it all faded...


So I'm really happy to finally use .NET in a professional matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment